Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Wanna Flyyy Awayyy Yeaaah Yeaaah Yeaaah

Remember that song? A few stanzas to jog your memory:

I wish that I could fly
Into the sky
So very high
Just like a dragonfly

I'd fly above the trees
Over the seas in all degrees
To anywhere I please

Oh I want to get away
I wanna fly away
Yeah yeah yeah

Lenny Kravitz's "I Wanna Fly" was a hit here in the states in '98, but it was still hot in Swiss dance clubs when I lived there a few years later. Everyone in the club stretched out their arms and swiveled their bodies to the chorus. I wish I could remember the name of the club in  Disentis. But I digress. "I Wanna Fly" has been in my head for a few weeks as I twiddle my thumbs waiting for all my visa paperwork to get stamped by the right people in the right places. And the day is looming. I got the green light yesterday to book a flight for Saturday, August 14th.

I fly in 9 days!

3 comments:

  1. Good work Shawna!

    I hope everything goes well for you. I've not heard the 'I wanna Fly' song in a long time. I too was probably in Switzerland!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Waiting is always the hardest part! Get ready for a long flight!! Bring a comfy pillow and wear pjs if you can. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. O wow- John just downloaded this on my ipod- says it is a great walking/workout song. I, of course, want to analyze it for a greater meaning...We all want to fly away from time to time.

    ReplyDelete