Friday, July 22, 2011

FAME

Fame, makes a man take things over
Fame, lets him loose, hard to swallow
Fame, puts you there, where things are hollow
Fame

Thank you David Bowie for putting a negative spin on the fame I've received as of late. Heeyaha. Seriously though, I feel like a rock star. First CCTV 1's  焦点访谈 (English name: Focus) interviewed me. Then I ran into two huge posters of my face near the Guomao subway station.

Both incidents have mellow explanations compared to the fame that followed. A friend of Tiger's works at CCTV 1 (China's main TV station), and her colleagues, who work for Focus, asked if she knew any foreigners who could talk about the Red Army. She asked Tiger if he knew anyone, and voila, I was on TV. I had to reschedule a few times because I got sick (vomited my brains out). But here is the end result. It aired on July 9th at 7:30PM (right after the news).


Both Tiger and I got a bunch of text messages and phone calls right after my segment asking what the hell I was doing on TV. One of Tiger's respected commie friends asked if I want to join the party. HaHa.

The posters advertise a free demo class at New Channel, a private language school I teach at part-time. The class was yesterday. There were about 30 people there, and it looked like  most of them signed up afterward. I get a bonus if more than 8 people register, so I will know on payday. Wheeee! 


I don't have any plans to take anything over at the moment, but it is fun to be out there =)

1 comment: